A woman in Taiwan tried to get rid of a cockroach she had killed by flushing it down the toilet bowl and the last thing she expected was for the toilet bowl to blow up.
According to some online news report, Xie (the lady that killed the cockroach), had been sent to clean up the office in Chungli
When cleaning she found a cockroach and she killed the pest with a whack of her slipper. She then wrapped the cockroach in a tissue and set it on fire before dumping it into the toilet bowl and flushed it down.
Little that she knew, the toilet had traces of two cleaning products that one of the contained acid and another contained alkali when she was cleaning it earlier.
This combination produced gas and it was ignited when the flaming insect was flushed down.
No one was hurt from the explosion (except the cockroach).