It’s official that Apple’s next event will take place on Wednesday September 7th. An invite went out to the press and as usual they offered very little actual details on what to look forward to.
But we got some ideas on what to expect based on leaks and speculation and previous Apple events.
What you can expect from the new iPhone 7
- New 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch iPhone models, presumably to be called the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Very similar designs to existing iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- A larger improved camera on the iPhone 7 and dual camera system exclusive to the larger iPhone 7 Plus
- No headphone jack
- Pressure sensitive home button, using technology similar to that found on the 3D touchscreen
- Storage capacities ranging from 32GB – 256GB
- A faster A10 processor
- Running iOS10 at launch
- Other possibilities: A water resistant design, improved stereo speakers and more battery capacity
But of course Apple could always drop a bombshell that no one saw coming. We’ll know soon enough.