1. Apparently there is a police statement confirming the guy who stole the Lenovo Device (worth 700). The CCTV footage showed that the guy stole the phone while the salesperson of Lenovo turned his back to take a free gift for the culprit. He tried to chase the guy, and the culprit fell of the escalator. He tried to run to main entrance. Shop guy’s friends at Oppo help him catch the guy right on his heels.
2. They then sent the culprit to Lowyat’s Management and then they shipped off to the Police Station. The suspect’s arrest had upset his friends, who then came back to the plaza at 7.50pm on Saturday to beat up the Oppo’s salesperson who was responsible of making the Police report. The group of seven ran amok there, where they beaten up several workers of a cellular phone outlet and damaged its products and equipment
3. On the 2nd day after the fight, Lowyat sent a memo asking all shops to close at 8pm. Oppo’s shop was shut all day.
4. Apparently, the group of guys were there on the 2nd day harrassing another shop on the 1st floor. They also tried to gather people outside. (people from different groups)
5. At night when Lowyat is closed, they were all in front of Lowyat plaza, flooding the area. The main entrance was shuttered off. They somehow managed to open it and charged in, beating up and targeting people who were wearing shop uniforms.
6. A man in white was giving a speech based on degrading Chinese, claiming that they’re all part of DAP and cheats people.
7. Police and FRU rushed to the scene with riot equipment, trying to break up the fights, and succeeded but many people were injured during the riot. Many salesperson and reporters from different publications was assaulted as well.
8. Lowyat head and Malay head ended it all with discussion. Everyone eventually dispersed after 4/5am
9. NO CLONE SET, NOTHING TO DO WITH OPPO SELLING ANYTHING THEY JUST HELPED THE GUY CATCH THE CULPRIT.
Originally Written by: Joshua Eriksson Zen