Many automakers are trying to reduce their operating cost by making their new models locally assembled and same goes to the new Mercedes Benz E300 BlueTEC Hybrid that was recently launched here in Malaysia.
This is certainly a good news for you folks because when its locally assembled, it follows by a cheaper price tag and the quality remains the same. Below we have listed the main things that you should if you are really interested to bring this German ride back to your door steps.
1. This new E300 BlueTEC Hybrid will be the first diesel hybrid to be commercially available in Malaysia
2. It is priced at RM348,888
3. In other words, its cheaper compared to the previous baseline E-Class facelift model (RM367,000)
4. Equipment wise, Mercedes has been very generous with it
It has pretty much the same kit as the CKD E 400, which was introduced last November. The E300 BlueTEC Hybrid comes with the AMG sports package (including AMG bodykit, velour floor mat, twin exhaust system) and 18 inch twin five spoke alloys.
5. On top of that, it also comes with LED headlights, Intelligent Headlight Control Plus, rear seat entertainment system and surround view camera
6. Under the hood is a 2.1 liter turbodiesel and electric motor combination which is paired with a 7G-Tronic transmission that produces 204 horsepower
7. 0 – 100km/h is done in 7.1 seconds and it has a top speed of 242km/h
8. Fuel consumption number stands at 4.1 liters/100km
9. The Malaysian E300 BlueTEC Hybrid is unique..Why?
It runs a specially-adapted Euro 2M engine, with changes related to the emissions system
In other words, there are no other markets that sell the car which has similar configuration as this, making it specific for the Malaysian market only