History of OZONE Gaming:
Up until this year, we’d never even heard of Ozone Gaming as their presence in Malaysia is not existent… well, not yet anyway. Ozone Gaming Gear is an European brand (Spanish) of gaming peripherals that revolves around the concept of ” It’s all about Evolution”.
OZONE is a brand created by and for gamers, the evolution is part of our gaming life, we all want to improve and evolve into a better gaming contender.
OZONE is committed to the development, engineering and evolution of innovative gaming peripherals with an unique style and the best performance, to allow gamers to exceed their limits and become the best. It’s all about evolution.
OZONE provides customers with wide range of gaming gadgets such as Headphones, Earphones, Mouses and also Keyboards at the right price.
Introduction to the Ozone Xenon Gaming Mouse:
The Key Feature of the Ozone Xenon Gaming Mouse
– Ambidextrous Eagonomic Design: Specifically designed shep to suit all playing styles and to ensure maximum control and comfort during use
– On – The – Fly DPI Toggle: Adapt the sensitivity to your gaming environment instantly with the DPI Level Indicator (4 colours) to switch from 1000/2000/3000/3500
– Advanced 3500 DPI Optical Sensor: Avago is a professional optical gaming sensor with high speed motion detection and acceleration up to 20g to ensure better stability
– Extralarge Telfon Pads: More than 30% of the surface is made of gaming tested Teflon, to ensure perfect glide. Compatible with any surface
– Rubber Grips: Side rubber pads to ensure best motion control
– Braided Cable and Gold Plated USB Connection: Anti-Tangle 1.8M braided cord to improve durability and lifetime of the mouse. And Gold plated USB connection to ensure better performance
- Avago professional sensor
- Acceleration up to 20g
- Dpi 1000/2000/3000/3500
- Anti-tangle braided cord
- Gold Plated USB connection
- 30% base made out of teflon
- Three colours available (Black, Red, White)
- Rubber grips
- Dimensions: 115 x 68 x 42 mm
- Weight: 135g
When we first got our hands on the Ozone Xenon, we quickly tried it on a few games. The Ozone Xenon feels good in the hand. It feels comfortable but the downside of the mouse is that is it on the small side. I’ve slightly bigger hand and I took some time to get used to grip the Ozone Xenon gaming mouse.
Despite the size of the mouse, the precision of the mouse is excellent. It has a button in the middle than can toggle the DPI settings during a game. It was 4 pre-set DPI settings which is 1000/2000/3000/3500. The LED colour changes when changing the DPI settings.
The usable DPI rang with perfect precision for gaming is right up to around 3000 DPI for any average gamer. The tracking of the Xenon Mouse is rock steady as it does not lose it’s precision as the max DPI setting.
The other downside of this mouse beside the size of the mouse is the button on the mouse. There is only the left click, right click, scroll, and DPI toggle button. There is no side buttons on the mouse. Most gaming mouse with a price like this comes with side buttons. Gamers feel more complete with side buttons in a mouse as there are buttons to customize for in game use.
Installing the mouse is really straight forward. Just place the CD inside the your CD or DVD Rom and just click the button install. After done installing, a screen will pop out allowing you to change the button assignments and the profiles of the mouse.
There are only 3 buttons that can be changed. Compared to other gaming mouse softwares, this is by far the most simple software that is out there. There is not much configuration that can be done to this mouse.
The advanced settings of the software allow you to tune the scroll speed and the double click speed. I thought there would be more in this settings but there isn’t any. The DPI setting is Pre-Set and cannot be changed if you want to alter the DPI.
– Very Precise
– Best Sensors on the Market
– Feels good to hold (comfortable)
– Good quality build/Durable
– Too simple
– No side buttons
– Software very basic and nothing to configure
As we can see the Ozone Xenon gaming mouse possibly the best feature is the sensor. It is the best on the market. It makes gaming more precise. For FPS gamers, you would give thumbs up for this gaming mouse as it does brings the best out of it. Holding the mouse it’s just nice as it feels nice on the hand.
On the other hand, the gaming mouse looks simple and there is a lot to live up to with the other current gaming mouse in the market. For it’s price, it is an affordable gaming mouse that performs well enough for gamers. It is priced at around $42 (US dollar – after conversation to RM (Malaysian Ringgit is about RM130 to RM150).
Ozone could have done better in their software to give users more options to tweak the mouse for better performance. Side buttons also should be introduced to users for multiple function. I think majority gamers at this era uses the side buttons.
Currently Ozone Xenon gaming mouse is currently not available in Malaysia. Soon we would hear these products being sold in Malaysia. But right now if you guys are interested in this mouse or any Ozone gaming product you would have to visit their official website to make purchase at : http://www.ozonegaming.com/