Malaysian woman electrocuted when making call on charging phone

Image via

A policeman’s wife was pronounced dead after allegedly being electrocuted by a charging cell phone.

Suhana Mohamd, 30, was believed to be talking on her mobile phone that was plugged into an electrical outlet when she was electrocuted in her home at Taman Desa Baiduri, Cheras.

The victim died during treatment at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical centre here at 11.30 pm last Friday. 

Her husband, who is also a police officer with the Malaysian Special Branch Counter-Terrorism unit, was reportedly asleep during the accident. Speaking with the local paper Kosmo, he said the whole incident happened “suddenly” while the phone was charging.

While incidents like these are rare, some suspect that off-brand charging alternatives provided by third-party manufacturers may be the culprit.

Written by FunnyMalaysia

The leading media company in Malaysia for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high quality original reporting, insights and viral contents.