Anyone here enjoys Sauna? Well, we in FM do enjoy Sauna a lot.
Most of us just get in the Sauna make it hot, sweat, make it hotter, sweat more and stay in there for hours. Do you get any benefit from that? Do you know the benefits? or is it harmful to us?
When we enter the sauna, our temperature increase within minutes which allows the heart to double the amount of blood it pumps per minute. The blood flows to the skin and circulations actually shunts blood away from our internal organs.
According to Harvard Men’s Health Watch,
“All in all, saunas appear safe for the body, but there is little evidence that they have health benefits above and beyond relaxation and a feeling of well-being,” says Dr.Harvey Simon. Editor-in-chief of Harvard Men’s Health Watch. However, heart patients should check with their doctors before taking a sauna. This is due to the fact that when our temperature increase our heart will double the amount of blood pumps.
Here are some simple rules if you are interested in going into a Sauna:
1. Avoid alcohol or any medication which might block your sweat pores or also cause your body to overheat internally.
2. Optimum time in a sauna should be about 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Gradually cool down after sauna.
4. Drink up to four glasses of water after sauna session.
5. Don’t get in a sauna if you are sick.
Enjoy your sauna!.
Have a great day ahead!.