iPhone explodes in man’s pocket causing third degree burns

iphone-exploding
LONG ISLAND: An iPhone 5c reportedly burst into flames in a man’s pocket causing third degree burns. 
The man, Erick Johnson, 29, said that he suddenly felt a severe burning on his side of his leg. He then realized that his iPhone 5c had exploded in his front pocket.

219316-1280

“All I heard was a pop, and it started fizzling, and it just started to burn my leg,” he told the news outlet. “It went to a pretty much instant burn, it didn’t even warm up; it just went to burn. And the only way I could get the phone away from me was to rip off my pants to get the phone out.”
It wasn’t a minor blister as Erick Johnson said that the explosion caused a third degree burns which he then has to spend 10 days in the hospital. He is still in pain and claims that he cannot work. He is now planning to file a lawsuit against apple.
“You don’t expect something like this to happen, never,” he said. “It’s still hard to grasp the concept of this happening.”
Erick Johnson is not the first case of an exploding iPhone. Last year, a 13 year old eight grader also was treated for burns after her iPhone 5c caught on fire.

Written by FunnyMalaysia

The leading media company in Malaysia for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high quality original reporting, insights and viral contents.