I was sexually assaulted last night in SS15, Subang Jaya

I was sexually assaulted last night. Tuesday, 19th May 2015, 9.13 pm, at SS 15 Subang Jaya.
I was walking back to the car after my Japanese class at ICLS. My car was parked just 100 metres away from the language center, along Jalan SS 15/7, just beside Taylor’s College and right opposite a row of houses. I noticed a Malay guy in a cap, red shirt and shorts probably in his 20s, standing near a car 2 lots in front from mine. He looked suspicious and I hesitated for a bit and contemplated going back to ICLS to wait until he was gone. For some reason, I stupidly ignored that inner voice and thought it’d be safer to quickly jump into my car and drive off, considering that ICLS was closing at that time anyway. I quietly walked to my car without him noticing me, and only unlocked it when I was right at the door. Only then did he turn his head to me. We were separated by a railing so I thought it was relatively safe. I hopped in as quickly as I could and locked the doors, ready to leave. Then I saw him walking away.

the location

So I thought “okay, he’s gone now” and I foolishly took my phone out to send a text message instead of driving off. I then realised someone was standing right next to my window. When I looked up and saw the same guy, my heart stopped. The only thing that went through my mind was “Omg, he’s gonna rob me”.
Before I could even blink, I realised that he had his d*ck out of his pants and was jerking off in front of my face. I couldn’t breathe. I cannot really express what I felt at that moment. Disgust, shock, disbelief, helplessness, anger, fear, lost of control. My body was trembling. My hands fumbled with the gear as I struggled to maneuver the car out of the parking. When I realised that I couldn’t drive, I honked and honked for attention. He walked away slowly, as if nothing happened. With shaky hands and a trembling body, I tried my best to drive off as fast as I could. I parked 100 metres up front near the Sri KL school guard house as couldn’t drive in that condition. I cried and I cried. I don’t think I’ve ever cried as hard as last night in my life. I was engulfed in fear, fear that he might return with even worse intentions. So I struggled to drive home. Slowly but surely. And even after I parked at my apartment, I couldn’t come out of my own car because I was scared. Scared, that someone would be waiting for me with ill intentions.
No, I did not go to the cops. Knowing very well how our Malaysian police do their jobs, I felt that it was pointless for me to recount my experience to someone who would just type a report for the sake of it when I was already in such an emotional state. I couldn’t sleep last night. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw that perpetrator. I was suddenly afraid of darkness and I lost count on the number of times I woke up crying.

Written by FunnyMalaysia

The leading media company in Malaysia for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high quality original reporting, insights and viral contents.