We enjoy eating at mamak stalls and one of our favorite dish is Maggi goreng. Here is how you can make a delicious plate of Maggi goreng at home in just 15 minutes.
To make it easier, we use only 5 essential ingredients.
What you will need:
- Maggie noodles with 1/2 packet Maggi seasoning (We use curry flavour)
- Tofu x 1/4 cup
- Egg x 1
- Green vegetables x 1 cup
- Onion, minced x 1/2
- Dark soy sauce
- Lime (Optional)
Step By Step Instructions
- Bring water to boil and add in Maggi instant noodle. Cook until soft. In a hot wok, fry onions with oi l until brown and fragrant.
- Add tofu
- Add spinach and fry until soft
- Make a hold in the middle of the wok and break an egg.
- Add Maggi seasoning (We only use half a packet as we prefer our dish to be less salty).
- Add cooked noodles
- Flavour with dark soya sauce
- Give it a good stir and serve.
Now your homemade Maggi goreng is ready.
For extra zing, squeeze a fresh lime on it.
We always order our Maggi goreng with an extra ‘mata kerbau’ (sunny side up)! So top it with an egg if you like.