Durian! The king of fruits!. Ever wonder what is it good for? We Malaysians love them, almost all of us. Westerners for some reason couldn’t stand the smell, even though it smells awesome!.
This succulent,delicious,soft and amazing fruit is originated from Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia. It takes about four to five years to bear fruits. A fully grown tree can measured up to 50 meters.
We can all recognize it by its thorn-covered skin and of course its fantastic odor.
Here are some health benefits of consuming a Durian.
1. Like any other tropical fruits, it is rich in energy, minerals and vitamins.
2. The flesh is soft and easy to be digested. It is made of simple sugars and sucrose, thus it replenish energy and revitalize our body. It is also free from saturated fats and cholesterol .
3. Durian as most fruit is also packed with fiber. The purpose of fiber is not only for purging but also helps to protect our colon mucus around our stomach. Which will in turn reduce the risk of colon cancer.
4. The Durian is a good source of antioxidant vitamin-C. Vitamin C is packed with goodness. Click Here.
5. Besides Vitamin-C, durian also contain a good amount of Potassium. Potassium is important in controlling our heart rate and blood pressure.
6. It helps to reduce cardiovascular disease. This is due to the help of organosulfur, which helps to keep the cardiovascular at bay.
7. Maintaining blood sugar levels. This is due to the presence of manganese.
8. It is said to improve libido too!. It raises the serotonin level.