Held from 14 May to 16 June 2015, this year’s French Art and Film Festival offers something for everyone whether you are a movie buff, an art enthusiasts, music lover or even a foodie. (Details of the events regarding date and venue of the events are listed below)
1. French Film Festival with Golden Screen Cinemas
– Klang Valley: 14-31 May 2015, at GSC Pavillion KL, GSC Mid Valley Megamall, KL an GSC 1 Utama in Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya
– Penang: 4-14 June 2015 at GSC Gurney Plaza
This year’s film festival will showcase 15 recent releases in French cinema – including comedies, dramas and animated films. You can go to these selected Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC) to a watch any of the 15 movies. Thickets will be available for purchase via GSC website or cinema box office
2. Cinemix with DVJ Oof
– Friday Night, 29th May 2015, 11pm at Pisco Bar on Jalan Mesui, off Jalan Nagasari, Bukit Bintang KL
For party goers and music lovers you can see this new art from DVJ Oof that will be playing music of famous French soundtrack from the 60s against the backdrop of nostalgic imagery in the form of classical French movies and actors that appear on a screen
Entrance Fees: RM20 to be paid at venue
3. Dance Performance by dance company ”Standards” runs by Pierre Rigal
– Wednesday, 3 June 2015, 8.30pm at MaTic (Malaysian Tourism Centre) on Jalan Ampang, KL
If you are into dance, you should check out Pierre Rigal.
Tickets to the performance will be priced at RM53 and will be available for purchase via TicketPro (www.ticketpro.com.my)
4. Live Music Fête de la Musique main act by Gran Kino
Saturday night, 6 June 2015 at Laundry Bar, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
Globe-trotting musical quartet Gran Kin, have been travelling the world for the past 5 years with their mission to break the medium of language through music. Offering an evolving sound often described as ”world rock”, Gran Kino will present an invigorating show where electic and electronic sounds bump against spoken work and reading of travel tales.
5. Classical music recital by acclaimed pianist Célimène Daudet
Tuesday, 16 June 2015, 8.30pm at the Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, KLCC
This recital will see Daudet entertain with a Debussy recital, followed by a Debussy piano solo. She will also present a Mozart concerto accompanied by the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO)’s chamber musicians.
All tickets are priced at RM40 and can be purchased at the Box Office at 03-20517007 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the MPO website (www.mpo.com.my)
6. Imagine France Photography Exhibition by Maia Flore
– Klang Valley: 14-24 May 2015 at WhiteBox Publika, KL
– Penang: 3-14 June 2015 at Gurney Plaza, Penang
7. Cognac and Champagne Tasting with Martell
– Thursday, 21 May 2015, 7.30pm at Elegantology Gallery and Restaurant, Publika KL
– Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 7.30pm at the poolside of Novotel Hotel, KLCC
– Tuesday, 28 May 2015, 7.30 pm at the lounge of Pullman Bangsar, KL
Hosted by festival partner cognac house Martell, come and learn from a professional on how to pair cognac and champagne with Malaysian cuisine. Join the celebration of Martell’s third centennial anniversary while also discovering facts about the history of these favourite beverages.
Tickets will be priced at RM70 per person. You can register and pre pay by emailing into email@example.com
8. Marche de France (French Market)
Saturday, 13 June 2015, 4pm to 9pm at Alliance Francaise de Kuala Lumpur on Lorong Gurney, KL
A french market will be held on the grounds of Alliance Francaise de Kuala Lumpur. Aiming to promote quality culinary specialties and lifestyle products, the market will offer delectable food and drink both for sampling as well as to take home including wine, coffee, baked goods and traditional French dishes.
9. Pure Gourment by Martel with French restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Gastronomical feasts with local restaurants will once gain give food lovers around the Klang Valley the opportunity to savour true French cuisine with Martell cognac pairings.
For more info, visit http://faff.com.my/