1. Actors: There are many entertainers who know the pain of getting ink all over their hands while marking up a screenplay, since left-handedness is pretty common in Hollywood. Here are just a few of the famous Hollywood lefties: Angelina Jolie, Tim Allen, Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, Tom Cruise, Robert DeNiro, Goldie Hawn, Nicole Kidman, Lisa Kudrow, Judy Garland, Dick Van Dyke, Keanu Reeves, Julia Roberts, Tina Fey and Scarlett Johansson.
2. Presidents: President Barack Obama, the leader of the free world, is just one of many presidents who were left- handed. Other left-handed presidents included Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Harry S. Truman, Herbert Hoover and James A. Garfield.
3. Joan of Arc: It’s not a fact, but it is believed that the French heroine won her battles with her left hand.
4. Jack-the-Ripper: OK, this one is a little creepy. But the British serial killer slew his victims with his “sinister” hand.
5. Musicians: Like actors, there are a slew of musicians who used their left hand while writing songs and playing instruments. Some notable ones include: Kurt Cobain, Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Jimi Hendrix, Lady Gaga, Paul Simon, Billy Corgan and Justin Bieber.
6. Comedians: Lefties have a sense of humor. Left-handers share this trait with comedians like Jerry Seinfeld, Charlie Chaplain, Jay Leno, Larry Fine (of the Three Stooges), Jon Stewart and Carol Burnett.
7. Artists: Some of the world’s best-known artists were left-handed. Leonardo di Vinci, Raphael and Michelangelo all used their left hands to create their famous works of art.
8. Athletes: Not every professional player is a righty. Some athletes who became famous by using their left hand are: Yankee legends Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, Dodger Sandy Koufax, hockey star Wayne Gretzky, tennis players John McEnroe and Rod Laver, golf pro Phil Mickelson and boxers Joe Frazier and Manny Pacquiao.