1. Burns Body Fats: A core ingredient of coffee, Caffeine, increases your metabolic rate, modulates blood sugar, improves insulin sensitivity, curbs your appetite and stimulates the nervous system, triggering fat cells to break down body fat.
2. Boosts Performance: Caffeine not only increases Epinephrine (Adrenaline, body’s “fight or flight” hormone) levels in the blood, readying our body for intense physical exertion but also the number of fatty acids circulating in the bloodstream making them available as ready fuel.
3. Fights Depression and Makes You Happier: Caffeine not only gives your body a jolt, but it also acts a mild anti-depressant, boosting production of “feel-good” neurotransmitters in the brain, including dopamine, serotonin and noradrenalin.
4. Decreases Metabolic Syndrome Risk: Coffee decreases the risk of Metabolic syndrome (obesity, a large waist circumference, and insulin resistance) by reducing triglyceride levels and improved glucose tolerance.
5. Speeds Recovery and Reduces Muscle Soreness: Caffeine reduces the process of muscle recovery by up to 48% and improves muscle glycogen re-synthesis, post-workout.
6. Increases Motivation & Reaction Time: Caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter Adenosine, increasing the amount of other neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine. These fire up the neurons, responsible for better memory, mood, vigilance, logical reasoning, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function.
7. Lowers stress: Coffee aromas lead to changes in brain proteins tied to stress, felt as a result of sleep deprivation and over exertion.
8. Prevents Heart Disease and Stroke: Antioxidants, in coffee, help quell the damaging effects of inflammations on arteries. Improves the ratio between “bad” LDL and “good” HDL cholesterol by 8%.
9. Improves Vascular Health & regulates Blood Pressure: Improves health of the blood vessels by increasing nitric oxide production in the endothelium, improving vascular muscle tone. Helps maintain healthy arterial pressure, lowering blood pressure over the long-term.
10. Protects against Prostate cancer: Studies have proved that active coffee drinkers reduce their risk of prostate cancer recurrence and/or progression by 59%, than those with lower or no coffee consumption.
11. Protects against Type 2 diabetes: Decaffeinated coffee increases plasma levels of the protein Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) which controls the biological activity of Testosterone and Estrogen, critical in the development of Type 2 diabetes.
12. Nutrient Superstore: A cup of coffee contains important nutrients, including Riboflavin (B2), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin (B3), without any added calories.
13. Rich in Antioxidants: Coffee (caffeinated or decaffeinated) is the number one source of antioxidants in the U.S. Americans get more of their antioxidants from coffee than any other dietary source.
14. For Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia: Coffee sippers reduced the risk or delayed onset of Alzheimer’s disease, by 65%, which is a leading cause of dementia worldwide.
15. For Parkinson’s disease: Coffee drinkers have up to a 60% lower risk of getting Parkinson’s disease (caused by the death of dopamine-generating neurons), the second most common neurodegenerative disorder after Alzheimer’s disease.
16. Liver LOVER: Paraxanthine, one of the breakdown products of caffeine, restricts tissue growth associated with liver fibrosis, alcoholic cirrhosis and liver cancer. Caffeine and antioxidants, Chlorogenic and Caffeic acids, prevent liver inflammation and reduce risk of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), a rare autoimmune disease of the bile ducts in the liver.
17. Cancer Cure: Antioxidants, Caffeic and Chlorogenic acid, prevent Glioma (a form of brain cancer), lower risk of developing Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC)—most common type of skin cancer (in women) and endometrial cancer(cancer of the lining of the uterus).
18. Provides Migraine relief: Coffee constricts swollen blood vessels in the brain, which can decrease throbbing pain. In fact, caffeine is used as a main ingredient in many popular over-the-counter migraine medications.
19. Anti-aging miracle: Coffee’s high antioxidant content refreshes your skin, helps reduce cellulite and fights against wrinkles.
20. Prevents Colon Cancer: Coffee contains numerous wonder ingredients which cuts the risk of colon cancer by nearly 25%.
21. Decreases Mortality Rate: Studies on regular coffee drinkers across variety of ethnicities, gender, body fat, lifestyle factors and age show 10% lower risk of mortality than abstainers.