1. “Lupa bawak buku, cikgu”
That statement given by every student if the homework is not done.
2. Those rhythmic greetings to the teacher. “SEEEEELAMAT PAGI CIKGUUU”
It’s a universal greeting rhythm that is within all students in Malaysia.
3. Hoping the fire drill alarm to ring when you are in a class with your not so favourite teacher
..and you go hiding your handphones every single place you can as long they are not caught, even your inner garments.
5. Hari Terbuka
The most awaited day by teachers and parents but the scariest day for us.
6. “Recycled” football
No ball? Plastic bottle and tins are good enough to kick and play.
“I don’t know how that guy fell for that girl also…”
“I heard she ran away from home with her boyfriend…”
“I think the science lab is haunted lah..”
8. Perhimpunan rasmi
The longest hours we have to assemble and hear all those boring speeches which we are really not interested.
9. Scribbling on school table and your teacher would start repeating “Jangan conteng meja” over and over again
10. You like to go to the school library not to read, but for the air-conditioner
11. Waiting for the bell to ring for recess and to go back
..and you will be running out from the classroom like nobody’s business!
12. That look your teacher gives you when you remind her “Cikgu, dah habis masa!”
13. The happiest feeling you get when your teacher says, “buat kerja sendiri”
14. Tucking in your shirts inside the pants as soon you see your discipline teacher few meters away
15. Cutting fingernails before assembly so that you won’t get caught for “kuku panjang”
16. Entering the class and going straight to the back seats on the first day of your school
Because whoever sits at the back is always the coolest.
17. That unsatisfying moment when your teacher separates you and your friends from sitting together in class especially if all are from the same races
18. Shamelessly asking your friend, “Boleh pinjam buku tak?”
.. so that you could copy their homework and not get caught when your teacher checks