Honda Malaysia recently released their all new compact SUV into our market and its called the HR-V. The machine certainly looks good based on first impression and if you think so too, here are ten main things you should know about it.
1. The all new HR-V is a compact SUV which falls under the B-Segment category
In other words, the ride is slightly smaller compared to the outgoing Honda CR-V. If you think the CR-V is a little too big for you, then this new model is definitely a good choice.
2. The Malaysian version of the HR-V is fitted with a 1.8 liter I-VTEC engine that produces about 138 horsepower which is similar to what you find in the current Honda Civic 1.8
3. There are three variants for you to choose from and they are known as the Grade S, Grade E and Grade V
4. Grade S
Honda HR-V Grade S is the standard version of the model and it comes with 16 inch wheels, 4 speakers, full fabric seats, LED tail lights, auto headlights, front and rear fog lights, standard Double DIN radio with CD player and a shark fin antenna.
5. Grade E
Grade E on the other hand gets everything the Grade S variant gets but it adds mirror-mounted indicators, keyless entry, steering wheel audio controls, push-button start, touch panel single zone automatic air conditioning and a monitor audio infotainment system with a five inch display.
6. Grade V
This variant is the most expensive variant and of course there are additional features to it. In this case, the Grade V is similar to the Grade E, just that it adds twin-projector LED headlights, chrome door handles, cruise control, variable interval adjustments for the intermittent wipers, semi-leather upholstery, leather lined door cards, leather wrapped steering wheel, illuminated vanity mirrors, six speakers, seven inch touchscreen Display Audio infotainment system with voice control, HDMI connectivity and a multi angle rear view camera.
7. In terms of safety, Honda has decided to be fair on all three variants….Which is a good news!
All variants comes with dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSA), hill-hold assist and rear Isofix child seat anchors. Only the Grade V gets additional side and curtain airbags.
8. The price
Grade S : RM99,800
Grade E : RM108,800
Grade V : RM118,000
[All prices being on the road with insurance]
9. On top of that, Honda Malaysia is also throwing in a five year unlimited mileage warranty and as well as six times free service of up to 100,000 km
10. If you want your Honda HR-V to stand out among the rest, then you can always add the Modulo styling kits which price starts from RM1,550
11. Color options
Crystal Black Pearl
Modern Steel Metallic
Alabaster Silver Metallic