“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”
Like if you have the best mum ever!
1. Your mum is one of your best friends.
She’s the first to know about everything new in your life, and you have regular hangouts. There is nothing that you would hide from her.
2. But your mum makes sure she puts her role as mother over her role as friend.
Even if you guys are BFFs, she is your mother before she’s your friend, and even if you don’t like it, she will make sure to put your best interests at heart. She is someone who would put you in your place when you need it.
3. You can always count on your mum to be there to listen.
If you’re going through heartbreak or need advice, you call her up. She will listen, always, without judgement.
4. Your mum is your biggest cheerleader.
She is always the one to encourage you and lift you up. She genuinely supports you in all you do and will always be your greatest ally.
5. Your mum always keeps a watchful eye. . . but she doesn’t hover.
You never feel smothered by her, but you know she’s always got one eye on you to make sure you’re on the right path. She tries to stay relatable and remember what it was like being your age.
6. Your mum lets you make mistakes, but she’s always there to help you get back on your feet.
Because she knows that you need to make your own mistakes to grow in life. But she’s always there to help you back up and wipe away your tears.
7. Your mum knows that she’s just an older, wiser kid at heart.
A cool mum doesn’t pretend that she’s more superior. She is human, and she’s made the same mistakes you have. She knows that you’ll make them too, and she uses her wisdom to help you whenever you need it.
8. Your mum’s got a great sense of humour.
She is capable of the seeing the funny side of the things and totally knows what’s going on. She’s struck the perfect balance of being “in” and still being a wise, strong woman. The result is a fabulous sense of humour.
9. Even when you’re mad at her, you still care about her.
Your mum drives you crazy sometimes, because she always has your best interests at heart, and that means you butt heads every now and then. But even when you do, you can’t possibly love her any less.
10. Your answer to “Who’s your biggest hero?” is always “my mum.”
Or “Who’s your role model in life?” or “Who is your greatest inspiration?” The answer will always be your mum.
11. You can’t imagine who you would be without your mum.
You cannot picture your life without your mum. She is your foundation and she is the one who has made you who you are today.