1. We are not aware that there are many Malaysians who make it big internationally
- Pendrive Inventor – Pua Khein Seng (Born in Sekinchan, Malaysia)
And everyone nowadays uses a pendrive all thanks to him! A Malaysian
- Movie Director – James Wan (Born in Kuching, Malaysia)
James Wan (born 27 February 1977) is a film producer, screenwriter and film director. He is widely known for directing the horror film Saw (2004) and creating Billy the Puppet. Wan has also directed Dead Silence and Death Sentence (both 2007), Insidious (2010), The Conjuring and Insidious: Chapter 2 (both 2013), and Furious 7, which was released in April 2015.
- Rainbow Loom inventor – Cheong Choon Ng (Born in Taiping, Malaysia)
Rainbow Loom is a plastic loom used to weave colorful rubber bands into bracelets and charms. It was invented in 2011 by Cheong Choon Ng in Novi, Michigan. As of September 2014, Ng’s company had sold over 8 million units worldwide, along with 40 million packets of rubber bands.
2. Not aware that we can travel these 20 countries without a visa
|Country||Number of days you can visit without a visa|
|United Kingdom||180 Days|
|Hong Kong||90 Days|
|South Korea||90 Days|
|New Zealand||90 Days|
|South Africa||30 Days|
|United Arab Emirates||30 Days|
|Vatican City||90 Days|
|European Union Schengen Area (26 Member States)||90 Days|
If you love travelling, you know our passport is the BEST.
3. We are not aware of the signboards around us
- Zebra crossing (We never use them)
- Pedestrian crossing bridge (Compare both the images below..what do you see)
- No Smoking
- Dilarang membuang sampah
4. Speaking about signboards, we are not aware that we are the only country in the world with this signboard
5. We are not aware that the “badak berbulu” or Hairy Rhino is now extinct in Malaysia
The rarest and smallest species of rhinoceros, the Sumatran rhino, has been declared extinct in Malaysia.
The announcement comes from a group of scientists who looked at the distribution of the world’s most endangered large animal and found none in a country that was once part of its primary habitat.
6. We are not aware on how our traffic light works
7. We are not aware that our national drink is Teh Tarik and our national dish is Nasi Lemak
8. We are not aware of the escalator etiquettes
It’s supposed to be this way…
9. We are not aware there are more than 40 islands to visit in Malaysia
Here are some of the islands in Malaysia that you can visit
|Pulau Tioman||Mersing, Malaysia|
|Pulau Sipadan||Sabah, Malaysia|
|Pulau Mabul||Sabah, Malaysia|
|Pulau Kapas||Terengganu, Malaysia|
|Pulau Tenggol||Terengganu, Malaysia|
|Pulau Rawa||Johor, Malaysia|
|Pulau Lang Tengah||Terengganu, Malaysia|
|Pulau Kapalai||Sabah, Malaysia|
|Pulau Lankayan||Sabah, Malaysia|
|Pulau Sibu||Sabah, Malaysia|
|Pulau Pemanggil||Mersing, Malaysia|
|Pulau Gaya||Sabah, Malaysia|
10. We are not aware that we are actually the fattest country in South East Asia
Malaysians, besides being weighed down by obesity and diabetes, according to an Oxfam International report on worldwide food quality, also consumed food of poor nutritional diversity.
Besides, usually is either we over or under estimate our own health and we also tend to give health advice to others rather than applying it on ourselves. Which is bad.
The good news is, to help us Malaysians get healthier, AIA is giving you the chance to win a free health check-up voucher PLUS a complementary 14-day trial at FitnessFirst. Learn More
All you need to do is complete this fun multiple option quiz that assess your loved one’s health via funny & informative questions. Once you’ve completed the quiz, you’ll need to upload the ‘Report Card’ on Facebook with #HealthReportCard
So fellow Malaysians, now that you are aware of all these, you know what to do lah.