1. You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae. – in Flaunt Magazine, July 2001.
2. Some people say that you should go to all the parties, to the nightclubs, the Viper Room, and make contacts, and I look at them and say, ‘You don’t want to have contacts with those people.’ Look at what happened to River Phoenix (who died in 1993 of a drug overdose outside the Viper Room). If you get caught up in that, it ruins you. Hollywood is garbage.
3. Surfing soothes me, it’s always been a kind of zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome. The rest of the world disappears for me when I’m on a wave.
4. I’m into being a dad, that’s where my focus is most of the time. I’m an actor that’s my job, but it’s not my life. I have a lot of other interests too.
5. I’m a dreamer. I’ve got this whole thing where I think I’m supposed to be a musician. I live by the seat of my pants, but I’d like to think that I’m also pretty sensible.
6. I want to get married. I think about it a lot. But I also think about my cars, so maybe my priorities aren’t exactly in line just yet.
7. Life’s too short. And the biggest curse is falling in love with somebody.
8. I’m much more likely to give myself a kick in the butt than a pat on the back.
9. I like low maintenance, natural, outdoor, shy girls.
10. I’m a Christian now. The things that drove me crazy growing up was how everyone works at fault-finding with different religions. The people I don’t understand are atheists. I go surfing and snow boarding and I’m always around nature. I look at everything and think, ‘Who couldn’t believe there’s a God? Is all this a mistake?’ It just blows me away.